Office of the Registrar

At Central Seminary, the Registrar's Office services the scheduling and registration needs of the school.

The Office of the Registrar services the registration and academic record-keeping needs of the school. The primary ways in which the Registrar’s office engages the seminary community is through scheduling, registration, advising, and fulfilling transcript requests.

Students at the seminary will need to interact with the Registrar’s office as they progress through their program. The office can be reached by email (contact form) or phone (913-667-5700 ext. 107). If you wish to visit the Registrar’s office in person at the Administrative Center in Shawnee, KS, please schedule an appointment.


Important Registration Dates

IMPORTANT: Registration requires admission to a degree/diploma program.

Spring 2022 (January 24 - May 13)

Registration Opens (all students) - December 1, 2021
Online Registration Closes (all students) - January 5, 2021
Change of Registration Period Ends (all students) - January 31, 2022

Easter 2022 (May 2 - July 25)

Registration Opens (new students) - February 7 , 2022
Registration Opens (all students) - March 7, 2022
Online Registration Closes (all students) - April 25, 2022
Change of Registration Period Ends (all students) - May 9, 2022

New Student Orientation - April 18, 2022

View the 2021-2022 Academic Calendar to find term start dates, add/drop dates, and more.

Registration Process

Students can register online for courses through Populi, the student records system.

ONLINE Registration (Populi)

If you need to change your registration after online registration has closed, use the Change of Registration link in Populi.

If you have questions about your course schedule or are unable to register in Populi, please contact the Registrar's office.

To receive academic credit, registration is required every term.  Registrar’s office will not assume that a student is taking classes.

Course Schedules

Masters and Diploma Program Schedules

English Program (12 week terms)

Korean Program (15 week semesters)

The Korean program encompasses multiple sites across the United States.  Courses are taught in the Korean language.  Schedules can be found in the Korean Programs section of the website.    View the listed schedules to find classes in your location.

DMin Program schedule

Course work for doctoral students occurs over 6 one week intensives during the first two years of the program.  Each intensive has a period of work to prepare for the intensive and a time afterwards to complete work.


Student Accounts

Knowledge Database
Request Help
Log into myCBTS (OneLogin) Student Portal

The Account Portal (myCBTS / OneLogin) is used to link accounts from the different resources you will use as a student. Once accounts are linked, students only need to remember their portal credentials to access other sites, including library resources.

CBTS Email Accounts - Every student taking courses for credit will receive a CBTS email address ( before their first term of study. CBTS email addresses are important to check for course information and notices from the school and instructors. Other accounts are linked to the CBTS email address, such as Moodle, Populi, and Office365. Students that do not take classes for credit do not receive a CBTS email address.

Moodle is the platform for providing access to course resources and activities, such as discussion boards and submitting assignments.

Populi is the student records system, through which students can register online, track academic progress, and print unofficial transcripts.

LiveText is used for program assessment. Depending on your degree program, students may be asked to submit specific assignments into LiveText. Certain programs do not require students to use LiveText.

Zoom is the technology platform for live class meetings. Students download the program and sign up for a free account from the Zoom website.

Transfer Students

Transferring to Central

The following statements are from the Academic Catalog:

Students transferring from other theological schools accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) must meet regular admission requirements.

Graduate courses completed with a grade of C or higher will be considered for transfer credit. To transfer courses, the prospective student must provide an extensive course description or syllabus to the Registrar’s Office. A nonrefundable fee of $25 may be assessed to a prospective student to evaluate the transcript. If the prospective student applies to Central, the $25 fee will be credited toward their application fee. Approved transfer credits will be placed on a student’s transcript after 9 credit hours of satisfactory work have been completed at Central Seminary.

A transfer credit evaluation does not guarantee admission. Students from other ATS-accredited theological schools applying for the Master of Divinity degree or one of the Master of Arts degrees must meet regular admission requirements. Students are advised to request the transfer credit evaluation before executing an enrollment agreement with Central.

Transferring to Another School

Transferability of Credits Disclosure

  1. Credits earned at Central Baptist Theological Seminary may not transfer to another educational institution. Credits earned at another educational institution may not be accepted by Central Baptist Theological Seminary.
  2. You should obtain confirmation that Central Baptist Theological Seminary will accept any credits you have earned at another educational institution before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement.
  3. You should also contact any educational institutions that you may want to transfer credits earned at Central Baptist Theological Seminary to determine if such institutions will accept credits earned at Central Baptist Theological Seminary prior to executing an enrollment contract or agreement.
  4. The ability to transfer credits from Central Baptist Theological Seminary to another educational institution may be very limited. Your credits may not transfer and you may have to repeat courses previously taken at Central Baptist Theological Seminary if you enroll in another educational institution.
  5. You should never assume that credits will transfer to or from any educational institution.
  6. It is highly recommended and you are advised to make certain that you know the transfer of credit policy of Central Baptist Theological Seminary and of any other educational institutions to which you may in the future want to transfer the credits earned at Central Baptist Theological Seminary before you execute an enrollment contract or agreement.

*Central Baptist Theological Seminary’s policy on transfer of credits can be found in the Academic Catalog.

Contact the Registrar's Office

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram