Dana Evans is a Dean at ACE Collegium Campus; a staff minister at Second Baptist Church of Kansas City, Missouri; Co-Chair of their Discipleship Ministry; teaches at the SBC Christian Institute; and is a New Disciple Mentor.
A former public school teacher, Dana says that “teaching is my passion, leadership is my priority, and ministry is my ambition.” A Master of Divinity through the create program caps off a distinguished academic career that includes a B.A. in elementary education from Clark Atlanta University (magna cum laude), a M.Ed. in special education at Vanderbilt University, and a second master’s in education administration from Park University, Parkville, Missouri.
Central Baptist Theological Seminary has been offering courses at its Tennessee site since 2006.
In 2013 CBTS in Tennessee moved its location from First Baptist Church of Murfreesboro to the campus of Scarritt-Bennett in the heart of Nashville.
Offering affordable and accessible theological education for the 21st century
• Students may complete either the Master of Divinity or Diploma in Theology.
• Classes are taught in a weekend format at Scarritt-Bennett Center by Shawnee faculty and local adjunct faculty.
• Online courses are also available to students.
• Scholarships and financial aid are available.
• Lifelong learners are welcome.
• Spiritual formation is a key part of the theological education of students.
• Baptist by tradition but ecumenical in spirit.
• Both programs are fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central. Association of Colleges and Schools,and the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
Dr. Sally Holt, who has been teaching for Central in Tennessee on a regular basis since fall 2007, was named the Central in Tennessee site coordinator during the summer of 2012.
She is an associate professor of Christian Ethics at Belmont University and has taught there since 2008. Previously, she was an associate professor of religion at William Jewell College near Kansas City, MO.
Dr. Holt’s undergraduate degree is a B.A. in religion and in psychology from William Jewell College. She received her Master of Divinity degree from Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY and her Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Ethics and Society from Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
Spring 2014 Course Offerings
Formation for Christian Mnistry
The Practice of Preaching
For information and academic advisement, please contact:
Sally Holt, Ph.D.