Angela's roles have included pastor's wife, mother of eight, grandmother of 14, volunteer, public school teacher, homeschooler, Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries at Elliott Avenue Baptist Church in Springfield, Illinois and now, seminarian.
Although the process of arriving at seminary has taken nearly two decades, she is certain that now is the time. “I have a passion for teaching God’s word,” says Angela. “When I teach others, I grow and learn too and I think of the create program as an ‘equipping ground’ for many years of ministry.”
Central Baptist Theological Seminary has been offering courses at its Tennessee site since 2006.
In 2013 CBTS in Tennessee moved its location from First Baptist Church of Murfreesboro to the campus of Scarritt-Bennett in the heart of Nashville.
Offering affordable and accessible theological education for the 21st century
• Students may complete either the Master of Divinity or Diploma in Theology.
• Classes are taught in a weekend format at Scarritt-Bennett Center by Shawnee faculty and local adjunct faculty.
• Online courses are also available to students.
• Scholarships and financial aid are available.
• Lifelong learners are welcome.
• Spiritual formation is a key part of the theological education of students.
• Baptist by tradition but ecumenical in spirit.
• Both programs are fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central. Association of Colleges and Schools,and the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
Dr. Sally Holt, who has been teaching for Central in Tennessee on a regular basis since fall 2007, was named the Central in Tennessee site coordinator during the summer of 2012.
She is an associate professor of Christian Ethics at Belmont University and has taught there since 2008. Previously, she was an associate professor of religion at William Jewell College near Kansas City, MO.
Dr. Holt’s undergraduate degree is a B.A. in religion and in psychology from William Jewell College. She received her Master of Divinity degree from Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY and her Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Ethics and Society from Vanderbilt University in Nashville.
Spring 2014 Course Offerings
Formation for Christian Mnistry
The Practice of Preaching
For information and academic advisement, please contact:
Sally Holt, Ph.D.