Angela's roles have included pastor's wife, mother of eight, grandmother of 14, volunteer, public school teacher, homeschooler, Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries at Elliott Avenue Baptist Church in Springfield, Illinois and now, seminarian.
Although the process of arriving at seminary has taken nearly two decades, she is certain that now is the time. “I have a passion for teaching God’s word,” says Angela. “When I teach others, I grow and learn too and I think of the create program as an ‘equipping ground’ for many years of ministry.”
The purpose of the Doctor of Ministry degree (D.Min.) is to provide advanced theological education for persons who hold the Master of Divinity degree and who are engaged in the practice of ministry. The D.Min. program of will emphasize the integration of theological reflection and practice, mentorship, servant leadership, and scholarship that draws on spiritual and missional formation in both the practice of ministry and in the minister.
The Master of Divinity is a vocational ministry training degree that unites classical studies oriented toward theological and spiritual formation together with training intended to assist in developing applied ministry skills. There are three possible tracks for obtaining the M.Div.
- Shawnee/Wisconsin/Tennessee locations provide a M.Div.options for students who wish to complete their degree through the regular curriculum of face-to-face classes.
- ONLINE allows up to 2/3 of the M.Div. for students desiring to maximize online learning.
- create is for a limited number of students who are invited to apply to the program from the pool of general MDiv. applicants.
The Master of Arts in Theological Studies is designed to provide theological education for students in two academic concentrations:
- A Research track for students who desire foundation for further studies in the theological disciplines at the doctoral level. Students may choose to specialize in Biblical Studies, Christian Heritage, or Theology.
- A General track for students who wish to explore the theological disciplines to become more effective in the local church or for personal enrichment.
The Diploma in Theological Studies offers a basic diploma program (not an accredited degree) in theological and ministerial studies for mature persons who have not completed a formal undergraduate degree.