Central prepares leaders for seeking God, shaping church, and serving humanity and all creation.
Our vision is to be a leading seminary that offers innovative theological education and effective ministry formation in a global context. With over 500 students in a variety of educational programs, Central is finding a variety of ways to prepare those God is calling to special service in our world today.
We are grateful for the support of many faithful friends who make our mission possible through prayers and ongoing financial support.
Throughout the pages of our website, we invite you to learn more about Central. We have a long history and yet find ourselves moving in many new and exciting ways as the Spirit refocuses us for the future. At Central we value:
- Disciplined Learning: We believe that cultivation of learning skills, the gaining and sharing of knowledge, and practical application are foundational to all that we do.
- Community: We foster a communal process of learning, worship and service.
- Diversity: We respect the richness of diversity as we engage voices of different ages, races, ethnicities, genders and faith traditions in a welcoming and open environment.
- Justice: We model justice and stewardship in fulfillment of our Mission, forming students to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God.
- Heritage: We value our place in the history of the universal church, our Trinitarian theology and our historic roots as a Christ-centered Baptist institution.
- Creativity: We participate with the Spirit in generative and innovative methods.